[Asis-l] [NISO tc46ballots] Groups - Ballot "Comments request for Discussion Paper - Archiving and electronic storage media" opened

Tara Dahal tmdahal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 11:33:42 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Mark H Needleman <mneedlem at ufl.edu> wrote:

> Folks
>
> this is a discussion paper from an ISO committee - I can make a limited
> number of copies of this available to the ASIST membership if anyone has
> the desire and/or expertise to provide comments on it and a suggestion
> on how ASIST show reply
>
> Mark Needleman
> Chair
> ASIST Standards Committee
>
> Comments request for Discussion Paper - Archiving and electronic storage
> media has been opened.
> -----------------
> Ballot Title: Comments request for Discussion Paper - Archiving and
> electronic storage media
> -----------------
> Description/Question
> A liaison committee, ISO TC171/SC1 (Document management
> applications/Quality), is distributing this discussion paper on
> Archiving and Electronic Storage Media for comments. This document looks
> at information and standards available in archiving activities and
> underlines a lack of technical elements useful to the establishment of
> safe and economic procedures of electronic preservation.
>
> A copy of the discussion paper can be downloaded from the ballot webpage
> or from the link in the announcement e-mail.
>
> Your vote options are 1) Have comments; 2) Do not have comments; and 3)
> Abstain. If you select "Have comments", please include your comments in
> the comments box of the ballot webpage or attach a comments document.
>
> Closing Date: Monday, 21 February 2011 @ 8:00 pm ET
>
> Vote:
> http://www.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/tc46ballots/ballot.php?id=273
> Have comments,    Do not have comments,    Abstain -----------------
> Group: TC46 Ballot Advisory Group
> Date Opened: Thursday, 13 January 2011 @ 8:00 am ET
>

> -----------------
> Referenced Items
> ISO-TC171-SC1_N0290_N_290_Storage_media_v8_TC171_SC1.pdf (283K) 2011-01-12
> Download:
> http://www.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/tc46ballots/download.php/5557
> View Details:
>
> http://www.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/tc46ballots/document.php?document_id=5557
>

> ASIS&T 73rd Annual Meeting:
> Navigating Streams in an Information Ecosystem
> October 22-27, 2010, Pittsburgh, PA
> http://www.asis.org/asist2010/

** <http://www.leydesdorff.net/list.htm>**<http://www.leydesdorff.net/list.htm>
*   **
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coat_of_arms_of_Nepal.svg>http://ww<http://www.google.com/search?q=Nepal&ct=holiday10-hp&oi=ddle><http://www.google.com/search?q=Nepal&ct=holiday10-hp&oi=ddle><http://www.google.com/search?q=Nepal&ct=holiday10-hp&oi=ddle>
w.google.com/search?q-->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nepal_(orthographic_projection).svg
*  *    Thanks !  **May I have your COMMENTSr ;  also yr resources,  I think
U have CDs & DVDs ?  ; Yr virtual resources;  especially in the field of
'Knowledge Management' or  STI resources , are highly useful to our
references and related STI research activities. in this country.
           Tara Mani Dahal ;  E-Learning: Virtual  Library ...;New Nepal
Knowledge Information Consortium(NNKIC), 2009,; ASIS  & ALA Member,  former
Database & Information Officer RONAST(NAST);KumariMarg-63,BattishPutali,
Kathmandu, NEPAL नेपालTel.  977-1- 4495291/-->.* NEW NEPAL:Developing,
building & upgrading Intellectual freedom of right & Knowledge based
Sciety-for free Nepal & Nepalese  citizen//request to update our mailing
ddress address? माटो नै नरहे कहाँ खसाल्ने आँसु ? त्यसैले आऊ माटो छँदै
रोऔँ..." जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी ("Mother and Motherland are
Greater than  Heaven)
ww.tibettravel.com/en/Special-Offers/Nepal-Tour.html<http://www.tibettravel.com/en/Special-Offers/Nepal-Tour.html>
   **   *