[Asis-l] International Curation Education (ICE) Forum - please submit posters

Neil Grindley n.grindley at jisc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 05:05:35 EDT 2011

** apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message **

The ICE Forum

The International Curation Education (ICE) Forum is taking place at University College London on 29th June 2011. For more information and to register for this event, please go to:

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/preservation/iceforum

The programme is now mostly finalized and speakers include Michael Seadle from Humboldt University, Berlin; and Seamus Ross from the University of Toronto.

One of the purposes of this event is to provide attendees with opportunities to learn about a wide variety of initiatives relevant to curation education and training and there is a session in the programme called the 'ICE-a-FoN' where delegates can network with each other and find out information. The idea is to divide the space into 3 zones:

* Curriculum -
Featuring information about university accredited courses and modules relating to digital curation, preservation, archives & records, asset management, etc.

* Training -
Featuring information about professional courses, course components and support for staff development within institutions

* Resources -
Featuring information about tools, frameworks, models, textbooks, manuals, handbooks, guides, checklists, decision trees ... anything relevant and useful to teaching and training curation.

We would like to populate these zones with content so that people can network and get talking in front of relevant displayed information. If anyone has material that they would like to display in one or more of the zones listed above, please contact me:
n.grindley at jisc.ac.uk

This is a good opportunity to dust off those posters that you worked hard to produce for other conferences and events and to get a bit of extra value from them! We will have poster boards and tables available so feel free to suggest what sort of display would be appropriate for your material. If you would like to display something but are unable to attend the event, please get in touch because we can probably put your material up for you (providing you post the material to us and don't expect it back afterwards).

This should be a good opportunity to put your course or resource in front of a large and diverse group of people interested in curation training issues.

Neil Grindley
Programme Manager
Digital Preservation & Records Management
1st Floor Brettenham House (South)
5 Lancaster Place
London
WC2E 7EN