[Asis-l] standards up for vote

Mark H Needleman mneedlem at ufl.edu
Fri Nov 12 09:47:45 EST 2010

Folks

As the new chair of the ASIST Standards Committee Im going to try
something new. Instead of just submitting standards up for review or a
vote to members of the Standards Committee, Im going to solicit comments
and review from the entire ASIST community

Below are 3 ISO standards which are up for Review and ASIST has to
comment and vote on. Unfortunately Im not able to provide copies of
these standards to the entire membership. But if you have some expertise
in the area that these standards cover and would be willing to provide
comments and/or a suggested vote i can make these available to a limited
number of people.

Please only ask for a copy of any of these standards if you can commit
to reviewing them in a reasonable amount of time (for these December
15th would be a good date). I hope that anyone who does request a copy
of any of these standards will provide comments and/or a proposed vote.

For these ISO standards we can vote either

Confirm
Revise/Amend
Withdraw
Abstain

Hopefully this experiment will be successful and I can continue it with
future standards

Thanks

Mark H Needleman
Chair
ASIST Standards Committee

Systematic review of ISO 11940-2:2007, Information and documentation -
Transliteration of Thai characters into Latin characters, Part 2:
Simplified transcription of Thai language has been added.

Systematic review ISO 3602:1989, Documentation -- Romanization of
Japanese (kana script) has been added

Systematic review ISO 3166-2:2007, Codes for the representation of names
of countries and their subdivisions - Part 2: Country subdivision code
has been added.