[Asis-l] Dr. Joan K. Lippincott is the Keynote Speaker of the 2nd International Symposium on Information Management in the Changing World

Esin Sultan OGUZ esinsultan at hacettepe.edu.tr
Mon Jun 14 07:03:17 EDT 2010

  Dr. Joan K. Lippincott of the Coalition for Networked Information has accepted to deliver the keynote speech at the 2nd International Symposium on Information Management in the Changing World, to be held from September 22-24, 2010, in Ankara, Turkey. In her speech, entitled "'My Information': Digital Libraries, Social Networking, and the User Experience", Dr. Lippincott will talk about the impact of social networks and mobile devices in creating and maintaining personal information environments. She will stress that it is vital to understand user needs and behaviors if libraries, archives and museums are to be an integral part of users' information habitats.

We thank the US Embassy in Ankara for generously supporting this event.

  For more information about Dr. Lippincott and the abstract of her keynote, see: http://by2010.bilgiyonetimi.net/keynote_speaker.html
  For the lists of accepted papers and posters, see:  http://by2010.bilgiyonetimi.net/accepted_papers.html; http://by2010.bilgiyonetimi.net/accepted_posters.html.
    Early bird online registration is open till 21 July 2010. Registration page:  http://by2010.bilgiyonetimi.net/online_registration.html
Looking forward to seeing you in the Symposium.

2nd International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World http://by2010.bilgiyonetimi.net/english.html