[Asis-l] SSRN iPhone App iSSRN Now Available

gerrymck gerry.mckiernan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 21:59:05 EST 2009

Colleagues/

Another Tipping Point !

/Gerry

iSSRN, a free iPhone App hasbeen . It provides instant access to the
latest Social Science and Humanities research in the SSRN eLibrary
from scholars around the world.

 iSSRN is available from Apple’s iTunes store. iSSRN allows iPhone and
iPod Touch users to search over 250,000 papers and read the full text
of the papers directly on their device

Note: This is an updated version of the previous iSSRN App and this
version, not the previous one, will be updated in the future.

Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is devoted to the rapid
worldwide dissemination of social science research and is composed of
a number of specialized research networks in each of the social
sciences. We have received several excellence awards for our web site.

Each of SSRN's networks encourages the early distribution of research
results by publishing Submitted abstracts and by soliciting abstracts
of top quality research papers around the world. We now have hundreds
of journals, publishers, and institutions in Partners in Publishing
that provide working papers for distribution through SSRN's eLibrary
and abstracts for publication in SSRN's electronic journals.

The SSRN eLibrary consists of two parts: an Abstract Database
containing abstracts on over 260,300 scholarly working papers and
forthcoming papers and an Electronic Paper Collection currently
containing over 213,700 downloadable full text documents in Adobe
Acrobat pdf format. The eLibrary also includes the research papers of
a number of Fee Based Partner Publications.

The Networks encourage readers to communicate directly with authors
and other subscribers concerning their own and others' research. To
facilitate this we publish detailed author contact information
including email addresses for authors of each paper. We also provide
electronic delivery of the papers when authors wish us to do so from
the SSRN eLibrary. You may also Browse the SSRN eLibrary, view our
current Top Papers or search the electronic library for papers by
Title, Author, or Journal/Topic.

!!! Thanks To / Karen R. Schneiderman / For The HeadsUp !!!

See Also My Profile Of

Social Science Research Network: Everyone Can Be A Star

All Links Availabale At

[ http://tinyurl.com/ygs6d75 ]

EnJOY !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There Is No Answer, Only Solutions / Olde Irish Saying

The Future Is Already Here, It's Just Not Evenly Distributed
Attributed To William Gibson, SciFi Author / Coined 'Cyberspace