[Asis-l] Text Analytics Summit, June 16-17 in Boston

Seth Grimes grimes at altaplana.com
Wed May 28 17:16:01 EDT 2008

Hello all,

 	Folks on the list may be interested in the up-coming Text
Analytics Summit 2008, a two day programing covering automated processing
of and knowledge extraction from text.  Dates are June 16-17 in Boston.

 	The speaker and panelist line-up includes end users, analysts
(IDC, Hurwitz, TDWI, Nucleus Research), and industry representatives from
Microsoft, Business Objects, IBM, and others.  One recent program addition
I'm looking forward to, not yet listed on the agenda, is Roddy Lindsay,
Data Scientist at Facebook, who'll be speaking on Facebook Lexicon, a tool
that measures occurrences and trends of words and phrases in Facebook Wall
posts.

 	Please visit http://www.textanalyticsnews.com/ for complete summit
information.

 	A couple of one-hour workshops are scheduled for the evening
before the summit for folks who want to learn more about text analytics
basics.  I'll be teaching one, Text Analytics for Dummies, and the second
will present a market overview.

 	The the organizers asked me to do some extra publicity and
provided a promotional code for me to pass on to prospective attendees,
"seth", that is good for $200 off the registration fee.

 	Thanks,

                                         Seth Grimes

--
Seth Grimes   Alta Plana Corp, analytical computing & data management
               Intelligent Enterprise magazine (CMP), Contributing Editor