[Asis-l] A Face(book) In The Crowd: Online Social Networks For Engaged Learning

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Thu Apr 24 18:36:04 EDT 2008

Colleagues/

I am pleased to announce the availability of a PPT about Facebook prepared for and delivered as part of our Spring Library Seminar 2008 series:

_A Face(book) In The Crowd: Online Social Networks For Engaged Learning_

Gerry McKiernan / Science and Technology Librarian / Iowa State University Library / Ames IA / gerrymck at iastate.edu

Iowa State University Library Spring Seminar Series

{ Parks Library / Room 192 / April 23 2008 / 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM }

In April 2006, there were nearly 22,000 members of the Iowa State University community registered in Facebook.
Two years later there are nearly 35,000 members, an increase of nearly 60 percent.]

In this presentation, we will provide an overview of Facebook; describe its major features and functionalities; and profile various institutional projects that utilize Facebook for engaged organizational outreach.

Links to the presentation and additional details are available at

[ http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2008/04/facebook-in-crowd-online-social.html ]

OR

[ http://tinyurl.com/4kzmc4 ]

BTW: I Really-Really Like The Graphic,  If I Don't Say So Myself [:-)

Enjoy!

/Gerry
Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]