[Asis-l] ALA wiki

Patricia Dawson pdawson at rider.edu
Mon May 14 16:24:05 EDT 2007

Many apologies for cross-postings

For those of you following the EPA library closings, I emailed a note to
the Union of Concerned Scientists because of  their presentation to
a Congressional hearing concerning these closings and other issues.

Please see the response below and am hoping that fellow librarians will
add to the list at the ALA wiki
that is mentioned in the UCS response.

Pat Dawson
Assistant Professor
Science Librarian
Rider University
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Hi Pat,
Thanks for your interest in opposing the EPA library closures.  UCS has
been very active on this issue.  The Government Accountability Office
has been investigating the closures for a report at the request of
members of Congress, and I believe the report should be coming out
soon.  In addition, I thought you might be interested in this as a
librarian - ALA has started a webpage on federal library closures that
anyone can edit.  The page is located at
<http://wikis.ala.org/fedlib/index.php/Main_Page>http://wikis.ala.org/fedlib/index.php/Main_Page.
It will be interesting to see whether this becomes widely-used.

We appreciate your dedication to defending science from political
interference.

Regards,
Emily Neaville

Scientific Integrity Program