[Asis-l] Lee Strickland passed away

Nadia Caidi nadia.caidi at utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 6 14:35:38 EST 2007

In addition to the information below, Lee taught several classes for ASIS&T
and was an Annual Meeting co-plenary speaker with Tom Blanton
http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM02/keynote.html

Dick Hill

SECRECY NEWS
from the FAS Project on Government Secrecy
Volume 2007, Issue No. 14
February 6, 2007

LEE S. STRICKLAND, FORMER CIA OFFICER

Secrecy News was sad to learn that Lee S. Strickland, a former
Central Intelligence Agency official, died on January 23.

We first encountered him perhaps 15 years ago when he was the
head of the CIA Freedom of Information office, where he used to
reliably deny our FOIA requests.  Over the years he seemed to
enlarge his horizons and to admit the possibility of contrasting
views.  He taught his students at the University of Maryland
that information policy could be exciting as well as important.
And he was a nice guy.

See this obituary for Lee Strickland from the University of
Maryland of Information Studies:

http://www.clis.umd.edu/news_events/lee-strickland.shtml