[Asis-l] New review of information behaviour research

Hunsucker, R.L. R.L.Hunsucker at uva.nl
Tue Oct 17 11:56:06 EDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

I wonder whether anyone can tell me under what
circumstances the journal _New review of information
behaviour research : studies of information seeking in
context_ ceased publication.

At least I assume it's ceased publication. I've seen no
sign of anything since Volume 4 ("Number 1 /
December 2003") -- neither in printed nor in digital
form. Taylor Graham's webpage still claims that it is
"now published by Taylor & Francis Ltd.", but Taylor
& Francis' Journals Listings don't mention it, not even
with the standard "No longer published by Taylor &
Francis" ;  and the "Journal Homepage" link from the
(former?) online version leads to the statement "We
were unable to find a journal matching your request."
I see also no indication that it has been merged with
_Behaviour & Information Technology_ or another
T&F journal.

Was it just that the organizers of ISIC 2004 (followed
later by ISIC 2006), or the ISIC "Permanent Committee",
preferred (open-access) publication of the conference
papers in _Information Research_ ?  I see that the
Editorial in the _IR_ (10.2) with the ISIC 2004 papers
is a dead link.

- R.L. Hunsucker
  UB UvAmsterdam