[Asis-l] Ev Brenner

davisc at indiana.edu davisc at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:50:04 EST 2006

Dear colleagues:

This is one of those times I'm deliberately trying to reply to an entire list
instead of doing it accidentally.

Ev Brenner was a good friend and a true professional.  He was my
opponent during
the 1983 ASIS Presidential election.  When I won, he called to congratulate me
and expressed his regrets by saying, "I thought people would vote for someone
with a pretty face."

I respected him, liked him, and truly regret his passing; however, I am
relieved
to learn that he died peacefully.  May the rest of us be so lucky.

Cordially,

Chuck Davis
Charles H. Davis
Senior Fellow