[Asis-l] (Fwd) Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 7 05:42:30 EST 2005

I guess Sheila has a good point here.
May be the fact that the editor in chief is identified as a member of
IRMA is a partial explanation. That points to the basic and urgent
need of fostering smoother and more steady interaction among the many
professional and scientific societies that deal with the broad IS&T
field.
Another possible explanation is the reluctance of some colleagues to
contribute to commercial publications that require exclusive licence.

Best regards

Michel

SW> Just received this. Find it sort of depressing that this large work
SW> with international range of authors, entitled "Encyclopedia of
SW> Information Science and Technology" has (as far as I can see) little
SW> input from what I would call "Information Scientists" - and, indeed,
SW> doesn't cover aspects of Information Science that well....
SW> Sheila
snip