[Asis-l] TA position available

nicholas belkin nick at belkin.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 21 15:04:13 EDT 2004

TEACHING ASSISTANT POSITION AVAILABLE

The Department of Library and Information Science and the Professional
Development Studies program at Rutgers University SCILS have received an
IMLS grant to develop twenty-two courses of the MLIS program into online
courses.  The courses will allow people to complete an MLIS online
focusing in either the school library media or digial libraries areas.

As part of this grant project we are hiring a Teaching Assistant, who must
be a full-time PhD student, who will work with full-time faculty and
instructional design consultants to develop the online course materials.
We expect to develop three courses per semester over the next three years.

We are seeking someone who has teaching experience, good technology
skills, and a background in library and information science.  A background
in online teaching or learning and/or instructional design would be a
plus.  Good organizational and interpersonal skills will be critical to
being successful in this position.

The position will be available from Spring 2005 through Summer 2007 and is
a calendar year appointment for up to eight semesters.  The annual
beginning salary is $17,029 and tuition and fees for full-time graduate
level study will be covered.  TAs at Rutgers are expected to work about 15
hours per week.

If you are a currently-enrolled PhD student at SCILS:  please do not apply
for this position if you expect to complete your dissertation credits
before Spring 2006.

If you are a prospective PhD student:  if you are planning to apply to the
PhD program for Spring 2005, we will consider your application for this
position.  You must apply to the PhD program through Graduate Admissions
and be admitted to the program before an offer on this Teaching Assistant
position will be made to you.  Please enclose a copy of your Graduate
Admissions application (either a draft or final version) with your
application letter to us.

To apply, please send a letter and CV by October 22nd to

Karen Novick
Professional Development Studies
Rutgers University
4 Huntington Street
New Brunswick, NJ  08901-1071

If you are in the SCILS building you can leave your application in the
Professional Development Studies mailbox in the Dean's Office.

Karen Hundert Novick
Director of Professional Development Studies
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
Rutgers University

4 Huntington Street, New Brunswick, NJ  08901-1071
Phone:  732-932-7169
Fax:  732-932-9314
E-mail:  knovick at scils.rutgers.edu

Visit our website at http://scils.rutgers.edu/pds/

Nicholas J. Belkin
Chair, and Director of the MLIS Program
Department of Library and Information Science
School of Communication, Information & Library Studies
Rutgers University
4 Huntington Street
New Brunswick NJ 08901-1071 USA
tel: +1 732 932 7500 x8271  fax: +1 732 932 2644
email: nick at belkin.rutgers.edu
http://scils.rutgers.edu/~belkin/belkin.html