[Asis-l] Open Access publishing & ASIST publications: Part II

S.Webber S.Webber at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Apr 28 11:42:45 EDT 2004

I would agree that it is an issue that, being the association we are,
we ought to explore and experiment with fully.

Is the "one of our publications" that people are steering clear of -
ARIST? - I must say I would like to see ARIST available in a full
text package online. I push my students to use it, and those who
*do* realise how valuable the review articles are, but some students
practically have to be dragged to something with no online
manifestation, and as an author I feel that items available online are
more likely to get cited than ones which aren't.

Sheila
Sheila Webber, Lecturer, Department of Information Studies, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 211 Portobello Street, Sheff
ield S1

4DP, UK.
Email s.webber at sheffield.ac.uk
Tel. (0044) 0114 222 2641