[Asis-l] CIKM03: Preliminary call for papers

Padmini Srinivasan padmini at lhc.nlm.nih.gov
Sat Jan 4 14:14:36 EST 2003

My apologies if you are seeing this message more than once.

Best wishes,
Padmini Srinivasan
University of Iowa

ACM CIKM 2003
PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PAPERS

Twelfth International
Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM)

November 2-8, 2003

Hotel Inter-Continental
New Orleans, LA, USA

Sponsored by ACM SIGIR and ACM SIGMIS (pending approval)

Since 1992, CIKM has brought together leading researchers and developers from
several areas
of information and knowledge management, database management systems (DBMS) and
information
retrieval (IR).  We continue this tradition of collaboration between information
and
knowledge management.  Only the highest caliber papers submitted to CIKM 2003
will be
accepted.

We have a special interest in papers that bridge the areas of databases and
information
retrieval.  Areas of interest include but are not limited to:

Data and Knowledge Sharing
Data Mining
Knowledge Discovery
Information Retrieval Effectiveness and Efficiency
Integrating Structured and Unstructured Data
Data Warehouses
OLAP
Distributed Object Management
Digital Libraries
Heterogeneous and Distributed Systems
Hypertext and Hypermedia
Semi-Structured Data Management
Query Processing
Interactive Data Exploration
Intelligent Information Systems
Information Filtering and
Summarization
Information Visualization
Information Classification
Intelligent Mediators
Data Management in Mobile
Environments
Knowledge Management Applications for Wireless
Infrastructures
Data Communications
Multimedia Databases
Knowledge Management
Collaborative Applications

Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers that are not
being
considered in another forum.  At least one author will be required to attend the
conference
to present the paper.  Electronic submission of manuscripts is required,
preferably in PDF.
An expanded version of this call for papers, as well as detailed instructions
for
electronic submission, will be available at our website:
http://www.cikm.org/2003 .

Important Dates:
May 20, 2003		Electronic abstract due
May 28, 2003		Full paper submission due, Tutorial proposals due
August. 5, 2003		Notification of acceptance
September. 3, 2003	Camera ready copy due

CIKM'03 Organizing Committee:
	General Chair: Donald Kraft, LSU
	Honorary Chair: Charles Nicholas, UMBC
	Treasurer: Eun-Kyo Park, UMKC
	Registration Chair: Yugyung Lee, UMKC
	Program Chair (IR): Ophir Frieder, IIT
	Program Chair (DB): Joachim Hammer, University of Florida
	Program Chair (KM): Sajda Qureshi, University of Nebraska - Omaha
	Program Chair (Industry: Len Seligman, Mitre
	Proceedings Chair: Nazli Goharian, IIT
	Workshop Chair: Il-Yeol Song, Drexel University
	Exhibits and Corporate Sponsors: David Grossman, IIT
	Tutorials Chair: Allison Powell, CNRI
	Publicity Chair: Padmini Srinivasan, University of Iowa
	Local Arrangements Chair: Erin V. Collier, Tulane University
	Local Arrangements Assistant Chair: Carol Barry, LSU
	Webmaster (Information Architect): Gigi Phillips, LSU

-- Padmini

319-335-5707 (U. of Iowa)
301-435-3262 (National Library of Medicine)
301-480-3035 (Fax)