[Asis-l] OHIO TECH CONNECTIONS INSTITUTE

Margaret "Doc" Delaney delanema at oplin.lib.oh.us
Fri Apr 11 10:50:59 EDT 2003

Due to the current budget crisis in Ohio, we understand libraries are not
financially able to support OHIO TECH CONNECTIONS INSTITUTE (OTCI):
"Challenge the Future!" through registrations. Therefore, the Ohio Public
Library Information Network (OPLIN) and the Regional Library Systems of Ohio
have decided to cancel the conference for this year. All OTCI registrants
will be contacted and moneys will be refunded within 30 days. We apologize
for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause.

OPLIN and the Regional Library Systems of Ohio understand these trying
financial times for Ohio's libraries. We understand that despite these
trying times, libraries still need continuing education on such important
topics as technology security.

Systems of Ohio are going to sponsor a one day seminar FREE FOR OHIO
LIBRARIES! We are offering you the opportunity to attend OHIO TECH INSTITUTE
DAY on May 14, 2003 at the Fawcett Center in Columbus, Ohio. OHIO TECH
INSTITUTE DAY will begin with a morning session on "Securely Setting Up &
Managing Windows" with presenter Jeff Schmidt of Secure Interiors followed
by the afternoon session "State of the Hack: Network Security" with
presenter Steve Romig from Ohio State University.

Registration for OHIO TECH INSTITUTE DAY will be made available early next
week. An official announcement will be made once registration becomes
available.

Thank you for your understanding regarding this change. On behalf of OPLIN,
CAMLS, GCLC, MOLO, NOLA, NORWELD, OVAL and SOLO, we encourage you to
continue "Challenging the Future" of Ohio libraries at OHIO TECH INSTITUTE
DAY!

Margaret "Doc" Delaney, Communications Coordinator
Ohio Valley Area Libraries Regional Library System (OVAL)
252 West Thirteenth Street, Wellston, OH 45692
740-384-2103 x 2 ~ 740-384-2106 fax
www.oval.lib.oh.us ~ delanema at oplin.lib.oh.us