[Asis-l] Bioinformatics programs

Brad Hemminger bmh at tardis.ils.unc.edu
Thu Dec 19 15:03:56 EST 2002

I have placed the materials from my panel presentation at the ASIST
2002 conference Special Session on "Bioinformatics in Information Science
Education" on the web.  A summary page can be found at

http://ils.unc.edu/bmh/bioinfo/ASIST02_bioinformatics_programs_summary.html

This includes a link to my complete ASIST 2002 powerpoint presentation which
covers how bioinformatics is being included in curriculms in the US, and a
summary of programs doing this.  Also linked to this document is the
complete listing in Word format of all bioinformatics programs (as best as
we could discover) from the fall 2002, with detailed information on content,
host department, entrance and completion requirements, active links to
program web pages, etc.

I welcome any comments and updates to this material.  Especially sites that
have degree or certificate programs that we've overlooked.

Brad Hemminger

Bradley Hemminger Ph.D.
Assistant Professor                             Adjunct Assistant Professor
School of Information and Library Science       Department of Radiology
206A Manning Hall                               School of Medicine
University of North Carolina                    University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, North Carolina  27599-3360         Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7510

(919) 966-2998                                  (919) 966-2998
(919) 962-8071  (fax)                           (919) 843-8740 (fax)
bmh at ils.unc.edu                                 bmh at ils.unc.edu

Joint Appointment in the Carolina Center for Genome Sciences
http://genomics.unc.edu

Bioinformatics at School of Information and Library Science
http://ils.unc.edu/bioinfo