[Asis-l] Call for Papers, PIUG NE Workshop Oct 8, 2002

Turner, Elyse elyse_turner at merck.com
Tue Apr 9 15:50:07 EDT 2002

Call for Posters

We are preparing the program for the 2002 PIUG Northeast Workshop.  This
meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 at the Hilton Woodbridge in
Iselin, NJ.  In addition to oral presentations, we are planning to have a
poster session.

If you are interested in presenting in the Poster Session at the PIUG NE
Workshop, please send an abstract and bio to Elyse Turner
(elyse_turner at merck.com, 732-594-6418)  by April 30, 2002.  Submission of an
abstract does not guarantee poster space due to the limited space available
in a one day workshop.

Please forward this request for posters to anyone you know or provide the
name of a potential speaker to Elyse Turner (elyse_turner at merck.com,
732-594-6418).

The PIUG NE Workshop has included chemistry, non-chemistry and legal topics.
We have a Tips & Tricks session to get users secrets.  The most rowdy
portion of our workshop has often been the Vendor Roast.  Attendees to the
PIUG NE Workshop are generally from the greater New York metropolitan area,
but among our over 100 attendees on October 2001 were people from as far
south as Virginia and  as far west as Washington.

Registration is free for PIUG members, $30 for non-members.  Note that
membership in PIUG is only $30.

The Patent Information Users Group, Inc. (PIUG) is a not-for-profit
organization for individuals having a professional, scientific or technical
interest in patent information. With the ever increasing volume of patents
and related technical documents, the effective retrieval and analysis of
patent information has become an essential skill in business. The mission of
PIUG is therefore to encourage the development of patent information
research and analysis systems, to further develop members' patent research
and analysis skills, and to provide appropriate recognition for its members
excelling in the field. Through this international forum and discussion, we
promote and improve the retrieval, analysis and dissemination of patent
information.  (http:\\www.piug.org)

Elyse D. Robinson Turner - Sr. Information Scientist
Patent Department, Merck & Co., Inc. RY 60-35
732-594-6418 [Mon+Tues+Fri]  215-757-2555 [Wed+Thurs]
elyse_turner at merck.com

Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.