[Asia-pacific-asist] Vote for Bushra A. Jaswal at OCLC Regional Council Elections

Bushra Jaswal bushra.jaswal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 02:14:02 EST 2017

Dear OCLC Asia-Pacific Regional Council Members in Asia-Pacific ASIS&T,

I am Bushra Almas Jaswal, from Lahore, Pakistan. I am a candidate for
Executive Committee Member in the upcoming election of OCLC Asia Pacific
Regional Council.
The reason for me to stand up for this election is to highlight the issues
faced by the developing country librarians, specially those listed in Lower
Income Economies, while using the OCLC Products and Services. They may be,
the language, the technology, the quality of education or lack of budget.
But these issues are the reason for lesser memberships and lesser usage of
OCLC Cooperative Services by these countries.

There is a need to increase OCLC focus on identifying and understanding the
problems of libraries and librarians in less developed nations and find
ways to overcome them. For example, about my country, Pakistan, I found 41
institutions from Pakistan, listed in OCLC Website with OCLC Symbols. It
reflects their interest in OCLC. But only five of them are currently,
listed as OCLC Members.

If elected, I will especially, work for finding ways to increase
representation of developing countries institutions in OCLC.

I am writing to let you know that the Elections are now open until 15
March, 2017. Members across Asia Pacific have received their ballot to
vote. If YOU happen to be a voting member of OCLC APRC, and you agree with
my point of view, *Please vote and support me, as candidate for Member
Executive Committee.*

I encourage you to spread the word among other OCLC Members in your
networks.

You can also View and share Candidates' Videos Here!
<https://oclc.wistia.com/medias/s6r03zik25>

Best Regards

--

Bushra Almas Jaswal